Sunday, June 6, 2010

i need serenity.

After a nice afternoon visitng with both of our parents and my sister, chemo has taken its toll on my husband.  Apparently, the 2-3 day delay in side effects was not the case for Josh.  He has been really sick for the past hour and a half.  I feel such a sense of helplessness, but am doing all that I can to provide him with comfort and support.  Meanwhile, Josh continues to trudge on. 

The nurses have given him several additional medications to help curb the nausea.  He is taking a bath now.  It is quite funny to see a 6'4" man in a child size tub!!!  I had to take a picture.  Too funny!  Hopefully, when he gets out  he will be able to relax for the rest of the night...  It is funny how reality never sinks in until it is right in the your face.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things that I cannot;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the differerence.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting the hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment