Tuesday, June 8, 2010

achievement.

a-chieve-ment
something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage; a great or heroic deed

My baby sister graduates from high school today.  She spent the past twelve years working towards her high school diploma and she made it!  She will be attending Western Michigan University in the fall, joining Darcy (#3 of the Duitsman girls), to obtain her college degree.  Johannah, being the youngest, has always been full of spunk, outgoing, and sometimes off the wall...  she has a heart of GOLD and is full of determination.  I am so proud of her and who she is.  Josh and I will not be able to attend the ceremony, but she will be on our minds all day.

Speaking of achievements, Joshua has been a super trooper!  He has been nausea free for the past day and a half and is eating normally again.  Normal for Josh means a full breakfast, plus part of mine!  His weight has remained stable and his doctors, nurses, and dietitians are very pleased!  Have I mentioned that these people are angels without wings?!?!  We are so blessed.

Josh had his first round of radiation this morning and will have another round this afternoon.  According to him, there was no pain involved, he just listened to music for the 20 minute session.  Now he is sleeping again.  This morning he said that he slept good last night, but it is just not like home.  I know what he means.  Tonight Josh's mom is coming to stay overnight with him and I will head to a nearby sorority sister's house for a good nights rest.  Hopefully, this will help to keep my energy up so that I can continue to take good care of Josh.  It will be difficult leaving him, even though it is just to sleep, but I know it is what's best for both of us. 

As I think about the achievements of my sister and my husband today, I feel both motivated and inspired.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

2 comments:

  1. Heidi, I'm so glad that you are posting more now, with so much going on, it's nice to hear the different updates and what Josh is doing from day to day. Thank you for keeping everyone updated...

    Douglas and I are thinking of you both everyday, it's definately not the same with you both gone. We CANNOT WAIT till you are home!!!

    Many thoughts and prayers are headed your way daily, keep your heads up. I know Josh is such a trooper and I'm glad he is feeling better.

    Have a good night at your sorority sister's house and if you need a place to stay Saturday, Doug and I would love for you to stay with us if you'd like.

    Josh, I could only imagine how much the other kids want to be like you. Such a tough, strong, cool dude...with a moehawk! :) Have you played any guitar hero yet? I want to come play so bad withy ou and your little friends sometime!!! Let me know when the next performance will be.

    Love you both lots and lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great day friends:

    Keep up the great work and smiles.

    I recd an email today and this is what was in it:

    Happiness keeps You Sweet,

    Trials keep You Strong,

    Sorrows keep You Human,

    Failures keeps You Humble,

    Success keeps You Glowing,

    But Only God keeps You Going

    made me think of you.

    One step at a time, One smile daily.
    Wen

    ReplyDelete