Friday, June 11, 2010

a brand new day!

Two nights ago, Josh looked at me and said that he just wanted to know what God's will was for him.  I said we will never know what God's plan is for our futures, we can only trust that whatever his will is, it is what's best.  In the meantime, God wills us to continue to pray, build our relationships with Him, and share his love with others.

Today, I found myself asking the same question Josh did.  I wanted to know his will for my husband.  Knowing my question would go unanswered, I prayed and I thanked God for THIS day.  I prayed that I could let go of my worries and give them to Him.  I prayed that I would have the strength that Josh needed and the perfect words to say.  Today is a very big day!

It is Day 0 - transplant day.  The day started off a beautiful day of celebration.  Celebration of new start, a new life, and new possibilities!  Josh was showered with many great cards, gifts, and balloons... kind of like a big kid birthday party.  One of the nurses even sang the Happy Birthday song!

A new photo collage of all of his family &
friends... and of course Boss!

Bright new balloons!
 
Joshua's mother stayed until late morning.  Then my mom came in early afternoon.  We got up and took a nice stroll outside in the sunshine.  Then Josh taught my mother all about his Wild West video game!  It was a riot.

I have been quite anxious for the past two hours, almost nauseous, just sitting and waiting for the new stem cells to arrive.  I paced and paced and paced some more.  They arrived early, so we were able to begin transplant at 8:20pm.  The cells arrived in a Coleman cooler!  Naturally, I took several pictures as this was a big moment in our lives!  The entire process was completed in 40 minutes.  The doctors got the cells in a quickly as Josh could handle it.  Josh is tough so it was lightning speed!  No troubles so far.  All of his vitals look great.

Just prior to transplant!

Our new stem cells arrived from an
unknown international location!

60 million stem cells!!! Can you believe it??

Josh zoned out listening to music on his laptop.

Feeling good...

Halfway done!

Me, Josh, and my Mom : )

It is now one hour past transplant time and Josh is feeling great.  Vitals are still good and he is awake and lively.  We are requesting prayers for comfort and continued healing as the next two weeks will be the hardest part of the process for Josh.  We want to thank ALL of you for your support, your prayers, your thoughts, and your kind words.  Much of Joshua's success is attributed to your love and concern.  God Bless You! 
 

2 comments:

  1. i prayed for you and josh during my run this morning and been thinking about you all day! all my love and strength to you two. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will continue to keep you in our prayers......

    I believe God's will for you and Josh is to be a testiment of God's awesome healing power, touch and love. Your tribulations will touch many people that don't know Jesus and will bring them to Him as they see you and Josh being steadfast and faithful! Father God is awesome and I am so thankful that you are so close to Him and growing closer daily... I think that is all He ever wants is for us to love, trust and believe Him.

    We love you guys!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete